Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years.

Today is New Years Day, I can honestly say that I havn't had a beer all year, the Guinness in the wee small hours don't count. I had a pretty quiet time, Six of us sat around home drinking, slowly but assuredly getting drunk. I was mixing my drinks but keep an eye on myself as I definitely did not want a repeat of myBoxing Day hang over. After the lamest countdown since Europe we had a few more beers then went into little ole Havelock North. I led everyone straight to The Rose and Shamrock where there was a half decent covers band playing good sing a long songs, the whole night was pretty uneventful, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Today I did the time honoured Ryan tradition of going to the races. The place was packed with hung over people. I was one. I gambled away all my savings. It was probably just as well that I didn't feel like drinking as I got breath tested on the way out, I'm watching a movie called Garden State. It's got that dude from Scrubs in it. It has a few moments but.....

No comments: