Friday, April 13, 2007

What is the speed of dark?

I'm on a break, thought I'd write and tell you all that I forgot to pay my power bill and last night I get home and the power is turned off. Oh well, whatever, nevermind. Tried to sort it out today but really fuck knows if it will be on when I get home. All paid up now so heres hoping. This morning I got woken up by some thunder, now it is hot and muggy, going to pub tonight but only because they have power and lights and stuff. Going to the races tomorrow only cause they too have electricity and a birthday party in Busan in the evening but this time only cause there will be alcohol and food. She most probably has electricity in her flat but I'm not too sure.

Bloody Sri Lankan's making me look bad in front of my Korean mates. Spose it's better to get a hiding at this stage rather than in the final.

Hey, my boss just walked in and threw me a bag of chips. I had a weird discussion with her this morning, she asked me what "most minute" meant I said "aye, where did you hear that" she went "I read it in the text book with one of this afternoon's lessons, haven't you gone over it" Was she trying to pull one over me? I had gone over it earlier and didn't remember it so I looked back through the text. Sure enough it was there, same spelling and all. It took me a jiffy to realise that it was minute as in teeny tiny that we had read. I had immediately understood the difference and had never thought twice about it, she read it and automatically though of minute as in 60 seconds to a minute and got all confused when it didn't fit the sentence!

The more I teach English the weirder I realise it is.

No comments: