Friday, July 20, 2007

Been Locked Out...Been Locked In.

So the Major Typhoon that was meant to hit us turned out to be a wee bit of a storm, I had a feeling it was only bollocks and it was! A bit of wind, a bit of rain and still bloody hot! I can't understand why this is called the Typhoon season, it's only a bit of rain and the Monsoon season was also only a bit of rain, no flooding, no nothing, I couldn't even play in the gutters in my gummies cause there was not enough water!

BUT IT IS STILL BLOODY HUMID and summer hasn't kicked in yet!

So last Friday night I got invited to my mates bosses house for a meal, We had an awesome feed and numerous bottles of Soju followed by a bottle of Ballentines, good knows what I was doing but after I left their house and met some mates on the street I had some apologising on Sunday and Monday to do. Enough Said.

After that incident I ended up in Shinaye market, my mate reminded me off a story about a dude who had a paperclip and traded it up to a house in a year so we came up with a plan to do similar. I was eating some Mangdu (Kinda like a dumpling with veges inside) and we decided to start with that. We ended up with two shopping bags full of veges! It must of been our amazing Korean language skills! We even managed to catch a lift on the back of a rubbish truck for a while and had a few drinks with some Ajumas on the side of the road, apparently I also had a spider with me but I don't recall that.

Some where along the line I lost my bag with my keys in it. So I spent all weekend outta my apartment. I was pretty impressed with my Korean skills though, after talking to a mate who can speak a fair bit and with the aid of my dictionary I manged to find a locksmiths number, call them up, explain the situation and that I needed a guy to come and change my locks for me only to be told that it was the weekend and wait till Monday.

So on Monday I met the locksmith, got into my flat only to find that I did not have enough cash in my pocket and as my wallet was also in my bag I was in a spot of bother but again I managed to make myself understood and got the guy to give me a double on the back of his scooter (he was holding his tool box between his legs and I was waving his drill above my head hoping to spot a fellow foreigner) to my work where my Boss, a dam good lady, lent me some cash. That was after laughing at me for yet another strange drunken incident in Korea.

Any way all sorted now.

Off to Seoul this weekend, tell ya all about it on Monday.

Won poker on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Jimmy Jangles said...

CAn I write your next post?

Its was the friday I went out and got smashed, threw up on some one then bummed a ciggy off them. did some karoke. god knows how I got home but there was a panda in the lviing room chewing the couch. saturday went to the races. after a few beers i entered race 7 with the panda. we got second but thats cool cos i backed us in the quinella. the panda and i celebrated with some sojo and we got fucked up. god knows how we got home but I do remember playing Nirvana till 6am before the cops came to take the panda away.