Monday, December 11, 2006

South Korea.

I arrived in Korea late on Thursday night, I had been in a plane for a long time and was eager to get out, only to find massive delays at Incheon (Seoul) Airport. I was pretty lucky to be bumped up to business class for my long haul flight from Sydney to Incheon. It was awesome, I ate some dam good food, drank plenty of red wine and port ( The beer was crap so I moved on) had a chair that was fully move able by a little remote control that adjusted in about 9 ways, had my own little t.v screen and hostesses answering my every whim! I got bumped up cause my economy seat was double booked and the Korean woman who also had that seat started screaming at me in Korean and the hostess lead me away to the front of the plane, much to this other woman's disgust.

I finally got to Busan where the Director of the school picked me up and took me to a hotel for the night. She told me she would pick me up at 10 the next morning. That morning was the first time I saw Korea in the day light and the first thing I saw reminded me of the Thames Tarts. I got out of the hotel and the first thing I saw was an eel wriggling down the street. I couldn't believe it, I was in an urban environment full of cars and people and this bloody eel, so I investigated. Around the corner was a shop which sold live fish to reataurants and the eel had obviouslt escaped from there.

I've got a pokey little flat which has my bedroom also as the living room, a bathroom with the works in it and a kitchen which is also the laundry, I'm on the 2nd floor of a 4 story apartment building with 4 flats on each floor. I think I'm pretty luck cause all around me are massive apartments housing thousands of people. It's fully furnished with a double bed, fridge/freezer, gas elements, pots, pans, cups etc underfloor heating the whole lot. The only thing I had to get was bedding and a plug for the sink.

My job is a 10 minute walk from my flat, I've had my first classes and it was just as I expected. I got another class in 10 minutes so gotta fly.

No comments: