Monday, January 08, 2007

Cobaining in the Noriban.

I have just had a monster weekend, it all started around $12.95 and as my taste grew cheaper down till $6.95 I can absolutely promise you I was on the wine (metaphorically) and definitely not the water all weekend.

I finished work at 9pm on Friday, meet up with a mate at 9.30 and had finished my first by a quarter to. I was at my local Beer and Girls (It's still not what you think) with about 20 other foreigners drinking jugs of Hite, (tastes a hell of a lot like Lion Ice) working on my beer belly generally shooting the shit with everybody and playing darts when the next thing I know it's around 2am and time to move on. And move on we did. We all decided to go to a bar called Muse Me and my mate were the first to leave, we finally found the place, it was shut so we asked them where the nearest beer was and they pointed up stairs. Every where is up stairs over here so many tall bloody buildings (Yeah I know small town Hastings born and bred) We texted out where we were and headed on up. The dam place turned out to be a Noriban, which you all know as a Karaoke bar. Normally I wouldn't have a bar of this type of place but as I'm the newby here I've been up to all sorts of malarkey. I can truthfully say that I absolutely butchered Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer, fucked up It's my life (also J.B.J) and mutilated the best song in the world Smells like Teen Spirit! I'm pretty sure I did a pretty good Don't look back in Anger but who really knows these things?

We got kicked outta there around 4am, When the dude came in to ask if we wanted more jugs he saw me standing on the table and swinging the mic in huge circles, he immediately changed moods on us and we were out!

We walked along the main road looking for food when the best part of the night occurred. We were practising our Korean on strangers when a Korean man of about 50, very well dressed and as pissed as we were came up to us and started talking English to use. We got to chatting, said we were hungry and he took us to a restaurant in some huge building somewhere. He bought us a meal each and then ordered Soju, which is a local spirit. I learnt all the customs associated with it and was still knocking it back at half 7, by this point I had to stop as I remembered I had a 10.30 Staff Meeting in three hours. What a mission that one was!

On Saturday evening I get a phone call asking if I wanted to meet some Irish people, hell yeah I said and found my self bloody cold looking for a bar called Indigo in a place I had never been to called JeoungJu. It took us hours to find it, I did on the way manage to have a conversation about cricket with a guy from Pakistan! After meeting up with everyone we jumped in a taxi and headed to a place called Gaya in Busan to an Irish pub called O'Briens. I was there last weekend and I remembered the Genius as tasting good but this time what I was served was absolutely criminal. I stayed in that place all night, playing pool, darts and meeting foreigners, they even served cheese toasties and plates of chips! Got to bed around 5 and was useless on Sunday.

I'm at work now and just sorted out buses to Jinju for this upcoming weekend. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Jimmy Jangles said...

Your liver must be as big as a house!