Monday, February 05, 2007

The Weekend.

I spent all day Saturday at the University in Jinju on a teachers refresher course for the chain of Schools that I work for (E.Bo Young Talking Club). The first half of the day we were in a room full of computers, it was my dumb luck to get a computer that didn't work! And to top it all off the entire morning course was in Korean! What a waste of time it was for me. The afternoon session was a little better. It was all about running lessons and how to keep the class interested. The chick up on stage kept asking me questions in front of everyone, talk about being put on the spot but I successfully answered all the questions and each time got applauded for it! I should have worn a hat so my locks wouldn't have stuck out so much then maybe I wouldn't have been asked so many questions. There were only a few other foreigners on the course and I got talking to them all and so have met some new guys.

After the course I had arranged to meet up with some Irish people in Jinju, we went bowling, then drinking. I met Scotty from Scotland in a bar called Gurl. I have never met such a drunk person in my life! He was fucked, I managed to find out that he had been drinking for 2 days, got talking to him and ended up drinking a bottle of Johnnie Black with him. He paid! He was pretty interesting, got into trouble back home and was kind of hiding out in Korea! He wouldn't tell me what he did and with the amount of tattoos on his body I wasn't gonna ask to much about it! The first thing he said to me was "I'm a Celtic supporter, are we ganna fight?" Luckily I knew that Celtic supporters are Catholic so we got to talking about it, Scotland has such a different sporting culture from New Zealand, he was saying if your team lost you had to fight the opposition supporters for redemption. I can't believe how drunk he was. He kept on telling me how good it was to talk to someone who could understand his thick Scottish accent!

I went out last night to a Italian restaurant, had the best pepperoni pizza I had ever tasted in my life followed by a few quiet pints at the local then off to bed.

I got my second New Years of the year in two weeks time. These Koreans don't fuck about they take 3 days off to celebrate it! I'm planning a trip to Seoul, I don't want to waste these 3 days by staying in Gimhae and it seems like a good idea to travel further afield. Big Smoke, here I come.

Who the hell does that English Wanker Wilkinson think he is? Him and his fucken drop goals, fuck off to League.

1 comment:

ModernDayDrifter said...

Hi There. I can across your site going a google search for information on the E. Bo-young Talking Club. I have been offered a job a their Daegu location. Do you enjoy working for E. Bo-young Talking Club? Any advice would be wonderful! Thanks so much!!